This article is for android devices. You’ll know how to monitor your data usage, how to check the current internet speed and which app is using most of the internet.
Android is one of the most used operating systems in the world now. It’s been a decade since the arrival of Android Smartphones. What we use the most in our android devices? The answer to this question is the Internet.
The term “data usage” is used to know how much you have been using the Internet through your device. A cellular data allows you to connect through the Internet so you can browse your favourite social sites like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The more you use the Internet, the more data you’ll need.
Sometimes when we have a limited Internet data plan, it’s essential to monitor the data usage of our Android device. So you can get easy control over your browsing desires to save your data.
How to check the Internet speed we’re getting on our android device
We can check our network speed by two methods: through our in-built network meter or by using another third-party android app. I must say if your device already has a built-in network meter, then using that will make more sense.
You will be able to see your network speed on your status bar that will help you to monitor your current download or upload speed of your current Internet data. Seeing your current network speed on the status bar will surely help you to monitor your data usage of real-time.
1. Through Your Device’s Settings
The first step to monitor your data usage is to know the speed of your internet. Modern smartphones are so smart that they already come with built-in network speed meters. You can easily enable the network speed meter on your android phone through settings. To turn on your network meter, follow these easy steps:
- Go to your settings.
- There will be a search for setting option.
- Type “network speed” and hit enter through your keyboard.
- You’ll found it anyway, enable it and you’re all set to see the network speed of your Internet.
- It will show your current network speed above on your status bar.
2. By Using a Third-party Internet speed meter
However, if you are unable to find any built-in network meter on your android device, you can still use a third-party app to monitor your network speed. But, finding the best third-party network speed meter app might be a little challenging sometimes because the google play store is full of such kind of similar apps. In that situation let me help you to find the best one for you.
- Internet Speed Meter Lite: I still remember using this app in my Samsung Galaxy phones when network meter wasn’t a feature on android devices. This app is as useful as its popularity. You will be able to see your downloading speed on your status bar and your data usage on your notification panel.
- Speedtest By Ookla: It is the most popular app to measure the network speed test. You can check your real-time maximum possible download or upload speed.
In case if you don’t want to download the app, you can still check your network speed by using their official site. speed test site by ookla.
How to See all of Data Usage on your android device
There are two methods to see how much of the total Internet data is being used by your android device. And you can also be able to see which app has used how much of it. So you can know your installed apps better next time.
We can see our data usage through settings or by using a third-party Android app.
1. How to see data usage on android through settings
2. How to see data usage on android by using a third-party Android app